Greek Pie Crust (for pie or quiche)
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
- Flour – 2 cups
- Whole Wheat Blend Flour – 2 cups (part whole wheat, part unbleached white)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Shortening – 1 3/4 cups
- Cider Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Cold Water – 1/2 cup
- Mix flours, salt, and shortening until crumbs are size of peas with fork or pastry cutter.
- Beat together cider vinegar, egg and cold water; then pour into flour mixture, stirring until well-moistened.
- Form into a ball, cover or wrap tightly and chill at least an hour.
- Split into thirds.
- Roll out on floured board then place in pie plate.
- Dough can be kept in refrigerator a few days or frozen.