Fresh Fruit in Orange Cream from Port Washington Inn
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
- Whipping Cream – 1 cup
- Frozen Orange Juice – 3 Tbsp, slightly thawed
- Honey – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Fruit – enough for 6 servings (berries, kiwi, peaches, bananas, etc.)
- Put bowl and beaters in freezer for a few minutes to chill.
- Whip chilled cream with orange juice and honey.
- Divide among 6 dessert dishes (reserving 3 Tbsp).
- Spread cream with back of spoon in dish to form a ‘nest’ in the middle.
- Slice or chop the larger fruits.
- Arrange fresh fruit on whipped cream nests.
- Top with a dollop of reserved whipped cream.
- Excellent with blueberries.
- Can double the amount of orange juice and it makes a good frosting for cake.
- Can also try exotic juice concentrates.