Oven Fried Chicken from Marie Adams
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
- Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup
- Butter – 1/3 cup (2/3 of stick)
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 2 tsp
- Paprika – 2 tsp
- Garlic Salt – 1 tsp
- Dried Marjoram – 1 tsp OPTIONAL
- TIP – The flour mixture can be made up in large amounts and stored to use as needed. 8-9 pieces, legs, thighs, breasts. Serves 4 to 5.
- Place oil and butter in jelly roll pan and put in 375° oven to melt and set aside.
- In large paper sack combine flour and seasonings.
- Roll chicken pieces 3 at a time in melted oil/butter, then drop them into sack and shake to cover.
- Place chicken in pan skin side down.
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour.
- With a spatula, turn over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until top crust begins to bubble.
- Serve hot or cold but crust texture is better if chicken is not refrigerated before eating. Pan drippings can be used for gravy.