Coconut Cream Pound Cake
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
- Butter – 1 cup, softened
- Shortening – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Eggs – 5
- All Purpose Flour – 3 cups
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cream of Coconut – 1 cup
- Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture alternately with cream of coconut, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10″ tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.