Mamie Eisenhower’s Fudge
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Makes 4 ½ pound of fudgeprint
- Sugar – ¼ to ½ cup
- Salt – pinch
- Butter – 2 tbs
- Evaporated milk – 1 tall can
- Semi-sweet chocolate – 120 oz
- German sweet chocolate – 12 oz
- Marshmallow cream – 1 pint
- Nutmeats – 2 cups
- Combine sugar, salt, butter and evaporated milk and boil for 6 minutes,
- Put chocolate, marshmallow cream and nutmeats in bowl.
- Pour boiling syrup over ingredients in bowl.
- Beat until chocolate is all melted and pour in pan.
- Let stand a few hours before cutting.
- Store in tin box.
Note: if German sweet chocolate isn’t available, sub with 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate.